[Css-csts] updated Errata sheets and posting them on the CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Mon Nov 4 16:31:16 UTC 2019

CSTSWG colleagues ---
At the Fall 2019 Workshop, we resolved a number of questions/issues regarding various FRs, and Wolfgang and I agreed to update their respective errata sheets. For my part, I initially had 3 errata sheets to update - TCMcMux, TcVcMux, and FCltuTsProvider. There was one issue common to all transfer service provider FRs (related to network and ISP-1 parameter settings), so I updated the errata sheets for those FRs also. Al errata sheets that contain updates that are solely the result of decisions made at the fall meeting carry the date stamp "191024". However, in updating the errata sheets, I came across a few new issues. Errata sheets that contain these new issues have date stamps of today - 191104. The updated errata sheets are attached.

I think that we briefly discussed putting the errata sheets on the CWE, but I don't think that we made any specific plans. I propose that they should be uploaded to a new FR Errata Sheets folder in the CWE > Functional Resources Definition folder.  Beyond that, I think that we have 2 decisions to make.

The first decision is whether to just put all of the FR errata sheets directly into the FR Errata Sheets folder, or to introduce in intermediate set of folders. Personally I would like to see an intermediate set of folders, because otherwise we will have a long (and over time, increasingly long) list of documents that will be organized by FR name (classifier). A relatively simple set of intermediate folders could be named for the FR strata: Aperture, Physical Channel, etc. If we choose to go this way (or to use a different set of intermediate folders) I will put those folders into the CWE.

The second decision is on the naming of the errata sheets. So far Wolfgang and I have been including a data stamp and our initials in the names of the files to keep them sorted out. However, by using the SharePoint-based CWE, we have the opportunity to keep just the one copy of the file and perform our updates to the online copy. Wolfgang and I have already established a pattern for labeling our updates with our initial and a data stamp, so traceability of changes shouldn't be an issue.

I am interested in hearing your comments.

Best regards,
John