[Css-csts] updated Errata sheets and posting them on the CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Nov 5 22:52:50 UTC 2019

Dear Wolfgang,
Okay, we can start simple (no intermediate hierarchy) and change that if it becomes unmanageable.

We don’t have to make the edits on-line. Instead, we can upload files revised files with the same filename, and SharePoint provides the option to treat the new upload as a new version. We only have to make sure to delete previous versions if the file names change, e.g., to remove Fwd and Rtn prefixes.

While the CWE (SharePoint) will keep the version modification dates straight, I am a bit concerned that once one downloads a file that information is lost and the operating system stamps the file with the date/time of the download. I can see myself getting confused and accidentally working with/updating an older version on my computer and not the latest one on the CWE. I’d like to suggest that in the Status line for every Errata sheet we include a sentence along the line of “This version was generated on <date> by <name of person who updated the file>.” Then if someone has two errata documents with the same name they need only to look at the Status line to know which is the most recent. (Note that the generation date may not necessarily be the same as the date that the file is uploaded to the CWE. )

I have created the Functional Resource Errata Sheets folder within the CWE Functional Resources Definition folder:
https://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Functional%20Resources%20Definition/Functional%20Resource%20Errata%20Sheets/

and uploaded the 11 errata sheets that I have updated, with the data stamps and author initials removed from the file names. I also included the generation data in the version information field for each file to provide further traceability. The Version History for any file can be read by clicking on the ellipses (…) next to the file name, and then clicking on the ellipses (…) at the bottom of the box that pops up.

I hope that you find this workable and useful.

Best regards,
John