[Sls-slp] Re: [Sls-sea-dls] Additional comments on SDLS book

Dorothea Richter dorothea.richter at dlr.de
Fri Aug 31 08:18:51 UTC 2012

Dear all,

just a few comments concerning the documents Greg sent around.

I´m absolutely fine with Greg`s proposals - please find below some mainly
editorial remarks:

132x0p11[final]_TM_NEW_SECTION:

- page 1-2, section 1.5 Document Structure: don`t forget the new section 6

- page 1-5, section 1.7 References: the titel of reference [8] should be
written in italics

- page 6-4, section 6.1.2: "reference" should be written in lower case

355x0r2_final_SDLD_GJK:

- page 1-6, section 1.8 References: the titel of reference [6] should be
written in italics

- page 5-2, Figure 5-1 (respectively Figure 5-2 and Figure 5-3 on the
following pages): This is basically a comment for the SDLS colleagues.
The figure tells us that the "MAC is computed over Primary Header, Secondary
Header, Security Header and Frame Data". Isn`t this a bit misleading as with
using the authentication bit mask we will  - in most cases - compute the MAC
only over certain fields of the Primary Header, the Security Header and the
Frame Data Field - but not over the Secondary Header and the "rest" of the
Primary Header. I think we should consider to re-design this figures.

Best regards and have a nice weekend,
Dorothea