[Sis-csi] Cislunar Section 8

Krupiarz, Christopher Christopher.Krupiarz at jhuapl.edu
Wed Aug 24 09:53:32 EDT 2005

Keith,

Yes, you are correct.  The intent was to show how data would be
transmitted over a variety of link layers.  My thoughts on Section 8
were that it primarily provide a small subset of examples in a fairly
established architecture so that readers could say "Ah, I see how it all
fits", thereby providing more context for the rest of the document and
insight into why this space network stuff is a good idea.  I think this
is particularly useful for people (OK, at least me, anyway) that find it
easier to understand big pictures if they can see specific examples to
go along with it.  Also, if it brings out more discussions on all of
this to this list, that's a nice additional benefit.  My cop-out on
avoiding a statement of whether this is how things would really work was
where I wrote that this was for illustrative purposes only and not a
recommendation.

Chris