[Sis-csi] Cislunar Section 8

Scott,Keith L. KSCOTT at mitre.org
Wed Aug 24 09:20:31 EDT 2005

For Chris's example I think AOS both ways is fine.  I suspect his intent
was mainly to show heterogeneity of data link layers, which is good.  We
could show AOS on the downlink and TC on the uplink, but given the
current directions within ESMD towards more symmetric communications,
AOS both ways may be more representative of how things will look in the
future.  Considering that there are proposals to use link encryption for
security, I suspect that R/S decoding in space would not be considered
onerous.

When we get to the next level of detail,we will need to worry about the
data link layer mechanisms, as they have a bearing on the ability to
effect emergency operations (I'm thinking very low-level hardware
commands).  At that point we will need to come up with a _small_ set of
Recommended approaches for data flows.  I see this is populating the
general pipe diagrams we build in the Green book with specific
protocols.

        --keith