[Moims-dai] Updated charts from today's DAI telecon

kearneysolutions at gmail.com kearneysolutions at gmail.com
Tue May 10 15:10:06 UTC 2022

As we discussed today, I'm resending out the "deployment options" figure
that we settled on last October.

Chart 1 is the main chart for this discussion.  The left-hand option is the
"baseline option".  Steve, if you don't try to cover multiple options in
your component diagram, I would say the "baseline option" is the one you
cover.  And then perhaps text in the white book (ADD) can mention other
options.

However, I will say that I think a reader would benefit from seeing where
the communications layer separates the client from the archive systems.  Not
seeing that communications layer will (I think) particularly confuse novice
readers that are trying to focus on which side (client or archive) they're
on and what they need to implement.

David, do you plan to use this in the green book?  I don't remember if
there's a discussion of deployment options.

Chart 2 discusses what we plan to develop, but I'm not sure it's accurate
for our latest discussions.

   -=- Mike

Mike Kearney

Huntsville, Alabama, USA