[Moims-dai] Minutes of today ILF telecon (18th September)

Boucon Daniele Daniele.Boucon at cnes.fr
Fri Sep 18 16:16:49 UTC 2015

Dear all,
Please find below the minutes of today ILF telecon. Feel free to correct or complete.
Next telecons:
1.Thursday 24th September, dedicated to ILF.
2.Friday 25st September (15h EU time, 9h US time-Washington): dedicated to PAIS
If available, proposal to use Dave's new number for the sound:
Dave Williams Telecon information
+1-844-467-6272      USA Toll Free
+1-720-259-6462      Others
Passcode:    841727

Best regards,
 Daniele
18th September meeting minutes

DB: Daniele Boucon
DG: David Giaretta
DS: Don Sawyer
EC: Esther Conway
JG: John Garrett
MA : Mirko Albani
MM: Mike Martin
RD: Robert Downs
SH : Steve Hughes
SM: Stephane Mbaye
SR: Stephane Reecht
BC: Bertrand Caron
PT: Jean-Philippe Tramoni
WG: all
 D=Decision, A=action (other = discussion)
  Participants: DB, JG, MM, DG, RD, SR, BC

6.     Information Lifecycle Framework (ILF)

Material sent MM (reduced list of topics and diagram "Information lifecycle stages, activities and interfaces".
DG:
*notion of information "improvement" along its lifecycle: information changes and may improve from one phase to another.
*agrees with other topics not included in the original list of topics, such as "budget"
*we should keep in mind that small and big projects have not the same requirements ... and that this standard addresses both types.
*change management ->Active Data Management Plan
Project milestones, deliveries, handover ...?
*lifecycle diagram: AIP should be included. Links with OAIS.
DG will participate to the RDA meeting next week, that is the opportunity to talk about this standard ->draft of the document, or list of topics.
MM: the diagram = lifecycle framework, in order that people understand the scope of the cycle, and topics + subtopics.
DG (and all): check the current material against ESA LTDP doc.
MM: LTDP workflow = activities on the Archive side.
DB:
*Rosemarie Leone from ESA will participle to the next meeting, that will be the opportunity to discuss all these points.
*JG already draw a mapping (LTDP/CCSDS), we have material that should be finalized. Divergences with terminology, and also convergence points. Our scope (the same from the beginning) is to write a generic + larger scope standard. Some work to do, but not that much for the mapping.
*As previously agreed, we have to focus and agree rapidly on the list of topics.
*analyses the differences between the original list of topics from DG (slightly updated by DB), and the one sent by MM (see DB's email today).
*DB thinks that "adding value" and "discoverability" topics are important.
=>A(JG+MM): map the LTDP activities with MM's diagram?
=>A(MM): answer the questions asked by DB on the reduced list of topics: explain if the ones that have disappeared from the list are included in MM's list, or have been deleted (and justify).
=>A(WG): agreement on the list
Actions review
Please send to JG updates in actions.
Updated actions will be sent separately by JG.

End of 18th September meeting minutes