[CESG] New draft of "CESG report to CMC"template

Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int Gian.Paolo.Calzolari at esa.int
Fri Jul 8 12:21:10 UTC 2016

Nestor,
        here my cent.....

SLIDE #5: IS THE BOX AT THE BOTTOM NEEDED ?
If I remember well, in the first template from Adrian that box was at the
very beginning of each WG report.
In that way one may guess if all the rest of the WG report is going to be
OK, CAUTION or PROBLEM.
So my opinion in this respect is that the slid eis nbot needed in the
position shown on your slide #5, but it could be a good preliminary
summary if it is the very first item in the slides produced by a given WG.
If the box is retained we may want to change the first column to be "WG
name" (unless it is clear what it should be written in that first cell)
such that taking all inputs together it is possible to build a summary
table for the Area.

SLIDE #5: PLANNING BOX
I would change the heading of Column 2 to "List of document for <WG
Name>"> such that each row of the column can contain only the title.
If you plan to buind a summary table from individual tables that I would
make the first two column top became four as follows:
- WG name (e.g. SLS-RFM)
- CCSDS Doc Ref (e.g. 401.1-B)
- Activity (e.g. Red, Pink, Draft, Update) to identifiy whether is a
future Blue/Magenta Book, a future updated Blue/Magenta, a future Green, a
future updated Green
- Doc Title
For the Status I would rather define a few keywords as you never what
people can invent when they have room for free text  :o) Possible values
con be OK, Caution, Problem, Delayed (more?). As you see the first 3
values match the famous summary box and the last one could mean delayed
but no problem)

SLIDE #5: TYPO
See:  ?rep[ort to CESG

SLIDE #5: Recommendation
I gues that Recommendation  2 Pages per WG  means that the contents
suggested in this slide can be spread in up to two slides and then the WG
can add more ancillary slides for "big" explanations.

SLIDE #6: Area Projects
This slide will be of course duplicating data included by each WG.
I may understand the suggestion for such a duplication o get all the eggs
together, but there is a risk for errors during copy and paste

SLIDE #7: Title
I would change from:  Xxx Area:  Resources Discussion for Approved
Projects
To: Xxx Area:  Resources ISSUES
Rationale: 1) you want to highlight issues not discussion. 2) The project
is clearly approved since if there were resource issues the project would
have not been approved.

SLIDE #8: Tables......
As for the planning box, I think there should be a table like this for
each WG (i.e. add it to slide 5) such that the summary table is created
with copy and paste as for slide 6.
The same comments as for slide 6 apply.
The same comments for the first column as for the planning table apply.

SLIDE #9: Again a duplication
This slide will be of course duplicating data included by each WG.
I may understand the suggestion for such a duplication o get all the eggs
together, but there is a risk for errors during copy and paste

Regards

Gian Paolo