[Sois-tcoa] [Sois-tcons] RE: reference model (2 levels ofSOIS-compliance)

Keith Scott kscott at mitre.org
Tue Mar 8 18:35:50 EST 2005

My apologies, I thought the sub-network dependent scheduler was actually in
OBL and the -independent part was in TCONS.  I don't think that materially
affects the previous discussion (desire for an agreed-upon set of timing
requirements, 'system config' that defines loading for tests, etc.)

If one were to try to design a system that could support TCONS and something
else, it would require (I think) that the lower-level interface of the TCONS
networking layer (the upper layer of the sub-network independent
(convergence?) function) be a well-defined interface that could support
multiple network layers.  That scheduler is going to have to have _some_
interface to the rest of TCONS.  If one could drop best-effort input into
(each) OBL data link (into the 'slots' not used by TCONS time-critical
traffic), then IP could run side-by-side with TCONS.

		--keith