[Smwg] 902x13r0_02 - Abstract Event Definition - Updated draft

Barkley, Erik J (3970) Erik.J.Barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 11 21:39:43 UTC 2019

Colin,

Please find my comments below.  In general, I think the document is in very good shape.

1)      Section 1.7 - Reference [1] is now a silver book and so I don't think it can do much good in terms of providing an overview of UML diagramming conventions. I suggest just simply leave it as UML version 2.4.1

2)     figure 3-1:  I could not quite get out of the diagram that the name for the event is somehow required. Certainly I can see that a time is required and there is verbiage indicating how this is done that backs up the UML diagram. It seems to me that a time without indication of what the event is about is kind of useless :-)  certainly there is a type field but this is optional and I'm not quite sure that type is the same thing as the name of the event.

3)     Annex A, A.2.2 -- given that this is going to be a general abstract definition for CCSDS I don't think we can really state that user should be a spacecraft identifier per SANA.  My suggestion is that perhaps we consider some verbiage that indicates that it is the "using" recommendations/document that identifies the particular sanaregistry to be used for "user".  Alternatively, perhaps we could consider some sort of statement to the effect that unless otherwise stated by the using document that the registry to be assumed is the SANA spacecraft registry.

<end comments>