[Smwg] Functional resource model -- units

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 7 19:00:29 UTC 2018

Hello Holger,

I was just doing a quick consistency check between some draft work in the CSSM and the FRM.  In particular I noted that modulation index for command service in previous version of the CCSDS SM Blue-1 (which informs some of the draft work for event sequences) uses milliradians  (1/1000 of a radian) for this whereas the FRM (at least as currently registered on SANA) uses centiradians (1/100 of a radian).  I believe milliradians will be more useful for real world operations.  At least for DSN internal operations we can state fractional degrees which can better have their equivalent expressed in milliradians.     I propose that we check this as part of an information modeling discussion at the upcoming Spring 2018 meetings.