[Smwg] TGFT certificats mangement prototype and recommandations

Ciocirlan Claudia Claudia.Ciocirlan at cnes.fr
Thu Mar 8 16:30:12 UTC 2018

Hi all,
Sorry for my late response, I had a terrible idea of send you an email and leaving the office just after.
If I have the right interpretation of the different emails we do not have a recommendation for the future of TGFT, at least not yet.

As you recall Erik we can make our own choices for the prototype but it will be event better if we adapt to a recommendation. Although the recommendation is not blocking the prototype.

Our proposal for the tests with CAS would be:
1.	we have created a self signed Certification Authority. We will send the certificate for this CA (.crt file) to CAS/NSSC by mail. It will be used to authenticate our server from their side.
2.	CAS/NSSC will create a private key and an associated sign request for their client certificate (.csr file), and send it by mail to us. The key X509 field of the certificate is the O. We expect it to be something like CAS, or CAS/NSSC, or the name of the actual company subcontractor performing the TGFT prototyping. Access will be granted based on that name.
3.	we will sign this certificate with our CA, and send back the signed certificate (.crt file) to CAS/NSSC by mail. It will be used to authenticate the CAS/NSSC client from the server side.

Regards,
Claudia