[Smwg] TGFT prototype use cases

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 2 20:00:00 UTC 2017

Hello Claudia,

Attached please find some comments on the terrestrial generic file transfer use cases. As agreed at the last teleconference, I have gone through the initial set of use cases that were developed for the BOF and highlighted/commented on those use cases I think would be good from a prototyping perspective.  For the items noted, the "payload" for the TGFT happens to be defined in other CCSDS specifications so I think this should be very useful in helping to figure out what kind of metadata is needed for the TGFT header and/or packaging mechanism.  I think the use cases identified have a fairly broad applicability in terms of CCSDS member agencies and given that the noted use cases all already have (or very nearly have) payload specifications I think it makes these good candidates, not subject to speculation as to what the payload should or should not contain.