[Smwg] Response for AI 2014-0401-01

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jun 24 00:40:55 UTC 2016

CSSM Colleagues

In response to  AI 2014-0401-01,   "Provide the key reporting metrics or statistical characterizations, with definitions that are reported for each Agency's networks' service accounting for the customer (as it relates to the Service Package/Service agreement and recommendations for other metrics reported out weekly/monthly, etc)", attached please find an overview of the kind of information that the DSN collects in terms of accountability.     I will add that this is a mix of what is available now/likely to be available in the not-too-distant future.  Not shown, but what could also be made available are specific data stream accountability meta data items such as number of frame runs (meta data that indicates start/stop and number of frames that had a "good" (ie. successfully decoded run), and conversely when/how many frame gaps (ie., did not decode or were missing per sequence counter).  Eventually this data would be more of a detailed data delivery report - ie., next level down for re the totals of the spacelink performance summaries.

I believe this completes this background/lo-priority effort to look at what the various agencies do for accountability data.  If memory serves this means we have input on this from DLR, ESA NASA SN and NASA DSN.