[Sls-slp] FW: [EXTERNAL] RE: Grand un-unification Theory - Splitting the 211.0 into 3 parts ?

Kazz, Greg (US 312B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 27 20:57:43 UTC 2023

Dear SLP WG,

In response to our Spring 2023 action item: “see what it looks like when we split the current Prox-1 SDLP into: COP-P, Session Control, and traditional link layer books
Please see the 3 files attached. I will place these into our CWE folder shortly.
We need to thank Tom Gannet for his attempt at splitting the Prox-1 atom into its sub-atomic particles.
Note that tome moved Persistence to the Session Control book. The MIB is kept in one piece in the Session control book.
Tom has the following suggestion that I totally agree with, if indeed, we split the Prox-1 book up: “COP-P needs to be merged with COP-1 (single book caller Communications Operations Procedures).”

Please review these 3 books and let me and the WG know your questions and comments.

Thanks much,
Greg Kazz
Chair SLP WG