[Sls-slp] Lunar Directives over the CCSDS proximity link

Kazz, Greg (US 312B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 24 22:27:02 UTC 2023

Dear SLP WG,

Attached please find my latest iteration on defining the Lunar Directives over the CCSDS proximity link.
It’s also in our CWE under: https://cwe.ccsds.org/sls/docs/Forms/AllItems.aspx?RootFolder=%2Fsls%2Fdocs%2FSLS%2DSLP%2FMeeting%20Materials%2F2023%2FFall%2FProx%2D1%20Lunar&FolderCTID=0x012000439B56FF51847E41B5728F9730D7B55F&View=%7BAE8FB44C%2DE80A%2D42CF%2D8558%2DFB495ABB675F%7D

My rational for the choices I made are below.
Rational:

  1.  Need more than one sub-directive, because
     *   We may not have thought of everything in one composite sub-directive, so good to have a mechanism (called sub-type) for growth
     *   Currently I can think of 4 directive sub-types:

                                                              i.      Session Establishment&Flow_Control,

                                                             ii.      Session_Status,

                                                           iii.      COP_P Control,

                                                           iv.      Report Source Spacecraft ID

  1.  I need provision for a COP-P control sub-directive, IF users does end up using COP-P. However, I can put all the COP-P control parameters into that one directive. If one doesn’t use COP-P, then they simply don’t use that 16-bit directive.
  2.  Session_Status sub-directive can be used to request status or provide status. Time Sample Size of zero means ‘no time samples requested’.
  3.  Report Source Spacecraft ID sub-directive is required by the logic in Prox-1 Session Control, if a node wants to know the source of the spacecraft ID of the partnered transceiver node.
  4.  All Sub-Directives are multiples of either 16 bits or 32 bits long. Boundaries are maintained on 32 bits for the Session_Establishment&Flow_Control sub-directive 0.

Please comment and let me know if you have other ideas both in terms of organizing them and/or content.

Thanks much,

Greg
Chair CCSDS SLP WG

Greg Kazz
Principal Engineer
Technical Group Supervisor,
312B Project Protection, Project Software, and End to End Information System Engineering
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Dr., M/S 301-490
Pasadena, CA 91109
1+(818)393 6529(voice)