[Sls-slp] [EXTERNAL] RE: A Mission Proposal - AOS Transfer Frames over Proximity-1 Session Control

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed May 24 15:57:23 UTC 2023

Dear SLS/SLP colleagues,

Just for the record, I am totally in agreement with everything that has been said re using USLP over Pro-1 coding and physical layer instead of trying to hack together something with AOS.  All of the reasons stated are completely valid in my eyes and I can see little benefit to the larger community of doing any work to support this project specific choice.  I also think it would be a bad precedent to set and it would, as Gilles points out, tend to further deplete the very limited AOS SCID namespace.

Best regards, Peter