[Sls-slp] FW: [EXTERNAL] RE: Does SDLS apply to USLP truncated transfer frame ?

Kazz, Greg J (US 312B) greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 28 19:00:46 UTC 2020

Dear SLP WG,

Below please see the response of the SDLS WG to our inquiry about the applicability of the USLP truncated transfer frame to SDLS. Many thanks to Gilles Moury and the SDLS WG for their prompt response and pondering on this issue.
My interpretation is that SLP should not prohibit the use of SDLS for the truncated frame. To that effect, I have uploaded a slightly modified new version of the proposed USLP blue book that allows for an optional Security Header and Trailer, if the SDLS option is chosen for the truncated frame. Luckily, there is very little impact to the existing Section 6 SDLS chapter.

Please see the following URL for this Oct 28 version (which builds upon the inputs made during our meetings this week): https://tinyurl.com/yxlkgy95
In addition, a draft project for the generation of USLP Blue book Version 2 has been created on the CWE and soon there will be another project for the update to the companion USLP GB.

Your comments are welcome.

For the changes I have just made as a proposal, please see:

  1.  Updated note under 6.3.2
  2.  Annex G1.beta – addition of optional Security Header and Security Trailer
  3.  Update Figure G-1 Truncated TF

Chair SLP WG