FW: ESA input for: [SLS-SLP] JAXA RIDs on AOS + TM Pink Sheets

Kazz, Greg J greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 23 18:55:21 UTC 2009

All,

The problem with the term, "OID Frame" or "Only Idle Data" Frame  is that it still doesn't clearly convey the fact that the PAYLOAD or FRAME DATA FIELD of the frame contains idle data, and that other fields of the transfer frame such as Insert Zone (AOS), Frame Secondary Header (TM), or OCF (all) DO NOT contain Idle data.
Until we have a clear way of specifying that concept, we haven't really made progress unfortunately.

So I believe the distinction we are trying to make is about frames that contain idle data in the Frame Data Field, therefore 'FDFI' Frame for 'Frame Data Field Idle'.

Your comments?

thanks,
Greg