[Sls-slp] Re: [Sois-app] CCSDS SOIS Wireless WG Proposed Charter for Review

Chris.Taylor at esa.int Chris.Taylor at esa.int
Wed Jul 25 11:38:02 UTC 2007

Kevin, as you may know Patrick Plancke is away for the next month so he
probably won't respond to any email. I think that the scope of work is well
thought out but I wonder if you want to shoot only for Magenta books right
from the beginning. I think you should keep the door open for Blue based on
the initial work on the Green book. Once you have an agreed set of scenarios
and have judged Agency interest you will be better placed to decide if Blue
or Magenta is more appropriate,

Regards,

//ct

             Kevin Gifford
             <Kevin.Gifford at Col
             orado.EDU>                                                   To
             Sent by:                   Scott Burleigh
             sois-app-bounces at m         <Scott.Burleigh at jpl.nasa.gov>,
             ailman.ccsds.org           durst at mitre.org,
                                        stuart.fowell at scisys.co.uk,
                                        Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int,
             24/07/2007 17:35           Greg.J.Kazz at jpl.nasa.gov,
                                        Peter.M.Shames at jpl.nasa.gov, Chris
                                        Taylor <chris.taylor at esa.int>,
                                        hsw at sparta.com, sbraham at sfu.ca, Jane
                                        Marquart <Jane.Marquart at nasa.gov>,
                                        gmenke at pop500.gsfc.nasa.gov, John
                                        Saiz <john.r.saiz at nasa.gov>,
                                        sois at mailman.ccsds.org,
                                        sois-app at mailman.ccsds.org,
                                        sea-sec at mailman.ccsds.org,
                                        sea-sgia at mailman.ccsds.org,
                                        sls-slp at mailman.ccsds.org,
                                        sois-wir at mailman.ccsds.org
                                                                          cc
                                        "George Studor (JSC-ES2)"
                                        <george.f.studor at nasa.gov>, Patrick
                                        Fink <Patrick.W.Fink at nasa.gov>,
                                        Lawrence Foore
                                        <Lawrence.R.Foore at nasa.gov>, Patrick
                                        Plancke <Patrick.Plancke at esa.int>,
                                        Richard Barton
                                        <richard.j.barton at nasa.gov>, Phong
                                        Ngo <phong.h.ngo at nasa.gov>
                                                                     Subject
                                        [Sois-app] CCSDS SOIS Wireless WG
                                        Proposed Charter for Review

Dear CCSDS members and wireless-interested parties -

Attached is the proposed charter for the CCSDS Spacecraft Onboard
Interface Services, SOIS, Wireless Working Group (WWG).

We are posting the proposed charter for a broader community review
prior to submitting to the CCSDS Engineering Steering Group, CSEG,
for ratification.

The proposed Wireless Working Group realizes the breadth of application
and technical issues (e.g., security, QoS) that wireless data transmission
may impact.  We plan on working closely with established CCSDS Working
Groups as we go forward in establishing recommendations for wireless
communications in support of space activities.  To this end, we are
requesting 10 minutes of your time to review, and comment on, the
attached proposed charter.

All critiques, comments, and suggestions are welcome.  Thanks in advance
for your time.

Sincerely,

Kevin Gifford
Patrick Plancke, ESA, SOIS and Wireless BoF Chair
Patrick Fink, NASA-JSC, Wireless BoF Co-Chair
Phong Ngo, NASA-JSC
Larry Foore, NASA-GRC
George Studor, NASA-JSC
Richard Barton, NASA-JSC(See attached file: WWG Proposed Charter v0.75.pdf)