[Sls-slp] Proximity-1 RIDs for Review

Greg J Kazz greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 24 23:43:17 UTC 2003

All,

One of the items for discussion during the Space Protocol Working Group
Meeting on Oct. 27 and the joint Coding, RF& Modulation , and Link layer
meeting on Oct. 28 will be the disposition of the following 9 RIDs. 7 RIDs
against the  Proximity-1 Space Link Protocol - Data Link Layer and 2 RIDs
against the Proximity-1 Space Link Protocol - Physical Layer. The RIDs are
segregated into two separate files - see attachment.

Please read through the attached RIDs and respond back to me by Oct. 15, if
you have any comments or concerns on them.

These RIDs have been submitted to me through the JPL ELECTRA project which
is developing a CCSDS Proximity-1 compliant transceiver for the NASA Mars
Program. The first user of this transceiver is the NASA/JPL Mars
Recognizance Orbiter.

Enrico,

I would appreciate it, if you would forward the physical layer RIDs on to
your WG as well.

thanks and best regards,

Greg Kazz
Chairman SLS-SLP WG