[Sls-sea-dls] SDLS EP Version 1.5

Daniel.Fischer at esa.int Daniel.Fischer at esa.int
Thu Oct 26 13:46:42 UTC 2017

Dear Gilles, all,

Please find attached the version 1.5 of the Extended Procedures. I am
really sorry I was not able to do this earlier but I had a rather
difficult summer due to personal issues and a launch that I had to support
just now (Sentinel 5p). I will try to also work on the EP Green Book
action I have but I cannot make any promises.

Gilles, you would need to still update the FSR part.

Changed OTAR procedure (all related occurrences in the document): Remove
CRC as agreed in the last meeting. Uplink is now pairs of (Key ID, Key)
Changed Key Verification procedure (all related occurrences in the
document): This procedure is now back to the Challenge Response of the
previous versions of the Blue Book
Master Keys:
It was agreed that master keys should only be explicitly required in the
OTAR. In the previous version, also the Key Verification procedure was
referring to the use of a master key. This has been changed and the
procedure now just talks about a "key protection key" that can be either a
master or a session key
Removed 4.3.1.3: "Two Security Associations shall be reserved for use with
the SDLS Extended Procedures and shall be active upon start of a mission
phase. "
ARC: Added ARC to the Rekey SA procedure as a mandatory, managed field. In
the baseline mode, as agreed, its 64 bit. Please note that the data
structure pictures in Sections 5.5.1.3 (Rekey SA) and 7.1.1.3 (Rekey SA
Baseline Mode) still require update since the document contains only image
files for them an not the Visio sources (@Craig, could you please provide
them to me?).
Unique Identification of Sender and Receiver VCs: This is addressed now by
new clauses 5.3.2.2.2.3.3 and 5.3.2.2.2.3.4,
Moved and Renamed Read Sequence Number from M&C to Read ARC in SA
management
Added Annex E for Acronyms...there are probably still some missing.

Cheers and see you all in Den Haag,
Daniel

Dr. Daniel Fischer
Head of the Engineering Support Section, OPS-GES
Ground Systems Engineering Department
Directorate of Operations
ESA - ESOC
Robert-Bosch-Str. 5, D-64392 Darmstadt, Germany
Tel. +49 6151 90 2718 |  E-mail: Daniel.Fischer at esa.int

Disclaimer
This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee
or addressees only. The unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination or
copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If
you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it
from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be
guaranteed by the sender. Please consider the environment before printing
this email.