[SLS-OPT] O3K channel model

Jon Hamkins Jon.Hamkins at jpl.caltech.edu
Wed Apr 15 15:20:02 UTC 2020

Attached is the O3K channel model we discussed yesterday.  It also
contains a suggestion for how to state the O3K coding performance.  I
welcome your comments.  If we can agree to the model in the next week or
so, each agency may be able to begin simulating with it and discuss some
initial results at the May teleconferences.

A few notes:

  * I am suggesting we study 10 Gsps, 78.125 Msps, and 1.22 Mbps, since
    those include the highest and lowest data rates and one in the middle.
  * I don't have a good suggestion for the TIA noise density at 1.22
    Msps.  Dirk, would you be able to supply a number?
  * I have algebraically simplified the expressions for the means and
    variances.  You can compare the model to the expressions Dariush
    presented on yesterday (p. 5), and check my algebra.
  * I have included the fading parameter as well.  Just set rho=1 if you
    want no fading.

      ----Jon

--
*Jon Hamkins*