[SLS-OPT] O3K channel model

Dirk.Giggenbach at dlr.de Dirk.Giggenbach at dlr.de
Fri Apr 17 14:25:08 UTC 2020

Hi Jon,

we do not have data APD-RFEs for that low rate which we could test/measure.
I checked some datasheets, the one coming closest to 1.22Mbps is the LaserComponents IAG350H1D –APD Receiver with 1MHz Bandwidth and 350µm APD.  They don’t show dark current in the DS.

These values seem close to best compared to other receivers:
Responsivity=94MV/W  ,  I guess that includes Amplification of M=10, so TIA would be ~9MOhm
NEP=32fW/sqrt(Hz)   -   referred noise density of 0.3E-12 A/sqrt(Hz)  or  3µV/sqrt(Hz)
https://www.lasercomponents.com/de-en/product/apd-receivers/

Hope that helps,

Dirk