[Sls-mhdc] [EXTERNAL] 124.0-B white paper

Kiely, Aaron B (US 332B) aaron.b.kiely at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 16 00:42:38 UTC 2019

Dave,

Thank you for sharing the source code. I plan to not look at it for now, because a Blue Book is supposed to be a complete stand-alone specification, and I don't want my interpretation of it to be influenced by having seen a source code implementation. But I hope that at least a few folks on the WG do look at it, as this certainly might help to ensure that the standard is written as intended.

A resolution requesting CCSDS management polling to begin Agency Review is a decision reached by consensus of the Working Group. If the revised White Book is ready (or nearly ready) for Agency Review, then I'm confident that we can achieve this consensus at the meeting or shortly afterwards. If the White Book is not ready, then Agency Review doesn't really benefit you or anyone else on the Working Group.

You made a request to the working group to provide comments 2 weeks before the meeting. This is not an inherently unreasonable timeline, but according to MHDC-A-1905-5(b), the agreed-on due date for comments on the White Book is at the Fall 2019 meeting.

I also expect that Working Group members will be interested in related Action Items MHDC-A-1905-6(b) and 1905-7. Both are past their due dates, and I'm not aware that either has been completed.

Best Regards,
Aaron