[SLS-CC] [Sls-rfm] 130.11-G (SCCC Green Book), for WG review - deadline for comments: 16 June 2018

Massimo.Bertinelli at esa.int Massimo.Bertinelli at esa.int
Mon Jun 18 16:12:03 UTC 2018

Thank you for your comments, Clément, my answer inline in Green

Best regards,
Massimo

Massimo Bertinelli
Communication Systems Engineer
ESA/Estec

Tel. +31 (0)71 5653435

From:   Dudal Clement <Clement.Dudal at cnes.fr>
To:     "Massimo.Bertinelli at esa.int" <Massimo.Bertinelli at esa.int>
Cc:     "sls-rfm at mailman.ccsds.org" <sls-rfm at mailman.ccsds.org>, Ken
Andrews <Kenneth.S.Andrews at jpl.nasa.gov>, "Space Link Coding &
Synchronization Working Group" <sls-cc at mailman.ccsds.org>, Jon Hamkins
<Jon.Hamkins at jpl.caltech.edu>, "Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int"
<Enrico.Vassallo at esa.int>
Date:   15-06-18 06:13 PM
Subject:        RE: [Sls-rfm] [SLS-CC] 130.11-G (SCCC Green Book), for WG
review - deadline for comments: 16 June 2018

Dear Massimo,

Just a couple of comments on the GB
·         p.vii, the spectral efficiency is expressend in bps/Hz.
p.2-3 and 2-4 the spectral efficiency is expressed in bit/symbol.
What is the roll-off factor used to compute the spectral efficiency in
bps/Hz? A coherency for the spectral efficiency unit would be better.
[MB] We'll try to align the use as much as possible, even if, in different
sections, we refer to different definitions: in 2-3 and 2-4, we talk
explicitly of bits/symbol, while
          bps/Hz is appropriate when discussing the BW (for which, 0.2 and
0.35 roll-off were assumed)

·         Chapter 4.3.3 deals with the occupied bandwidth.
A BW is defined for the optimal IBO after filtering with and without
predistorison. The computation of the corresponding spectral efficiencies
with respect to the ones given in Table 2-1 would be useful for
performance estimation (for instance in Tables 6-1 and 6-2).

[MB] We'll see what we can do without distorting too much (putting too
much information into) the table

Best regards

Clément DUDAL
Radiofrequency and Communication System Engineer
DSO/RF/ITP
18 avenue Edouard Belin 31401 Toulouse Cedex 9
 +33 (0)5 61 28 30 70
 clement.dudal at cnes.fr
 cnes.fr