[Sis-exec] Charter/Product audit

Durst, Robert C. durst at mitre.org
Wed Oct 26 11:47:44 EDT 2005

All,

Hi.  I'm currently in the CMC meeting, and there's a discussion going
on now about chartering and authorization of resources.  One of the
things that some CMC members are very sensitive about is that they feel
that they've chartered a working group to produce a certain number and
type of documents, but working groups have (unilaterally) changed what
they're producing.  For example, the CMC apparently cares if they
approved a WG to produce a Blue Book, and that WG is now planning to
produce a Magenta Book instead.  Or the WG is chartered to produce a
Blue Book and it plans to produce a Blue and a Green.

So -- WG chairs, please look at your charters. Please drop me a note
that states what products (book and color) are in your charter, what
books (and colors) you're currently planning to produce, and the dates
(both charter and current).  Please try to do this ASAP.

For the cases where there is a discrepancy in either number, color, or
schedule, I expect we'll have to submit revised charters for approval,
so be prepared for that.  But let's not cross that bridge yet.

Thanks,
Durst