[Sis-dtn] [EXTERNAL] Re: Compressed Bundle Reporting (CBR) & Custody Transfer

Sanchez Net, Marc (US 332H) marc.sanchez.net at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 13 22:27:54 UTC 2021

Hi Felix,

Interesting, I see your use case. So we are essentially achieving "semi-automatic" retransmission of data across multiple (possibly consecutive) ground passes, which is something that we could do in BPv6 because the custody transfer signals were routed with CGR (i.e., they were aware of disconnections and the fact that some links were downlink-only), whereas with BIBE they are not (since BIBE is a convergence layer).

Looking forward to discussing this more over the CCSDS fall meetings.

Marc Sanchez Net
Telecommunications Engineer
Jet Propulsion Laboratory