[Sis-dtn] [EXTERNAL] Re: Compressed Bundle Reporting (CBR) & Custody Transfer

Felix.Flentge at esa.int Felix.Flentge at esa.int
Mon Sep 6 11:47:00 UTC 2021

Hi Marc,

1. We would use an administrative record. If it would be included in some
other way in the payload block, we would need to have something (a new
bundle processing flag?) to indicate that it's not data. If it would be an
extension block, we would have the additional processing at intermediate
nodes (as pointed out by Simon) and I am not sure about a clean way to
deliver the information to the application.

2. Yes, we are pushing the problem of re-transmission to the application
(agent). For our scenarios, I am thinking of a specific command to
re-transmit all bundles that have not been reported as 'received', yet.
This would work for example in situations with receive only ground
stations (which would generate CRS and forward them to a central node at
mission control for eventual uplink). Once there is a pass over an uplink
ground station, first the CRS would be uplinked and then a TC to
re-transmit missing data would be sent. Of course, depending on the
situations, other mechanisms would be feasible (even having timers again).

Regards,
Felix