[Sis-csi] No call today

Scott, Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Dec 21 12:49:15 EST 2006

Will,

Cool!  So if I understand correctly, two IPv6 routers configured to use
link-local addressing on the 'inter-router' interfaces will work,
regardless of the addresses on other router interfaces?  That makes
sense.  As I recall, the IPv6 neighbor discovery protocol requires
bidirectional exchanges (otherwise how do I know I'm not picking the
same address you did, however unlikely?)

I'm a bit confused about the v4 NEMO comment.  You're saying that to
effect a mobile subnet, the v4 NEMO is the only thing supported by
Cisco?  So you use v6 to form the inter-router connectivity and tunnel
v4 NEMO over it?

Anyway, I think this is good progress, thanks!

        --keith