[Sis-csi] No call today

Ivancic, William D. (GRC-RCN0) william.d.ivancic at nasa.gov
Thu Dec 21 11:32:43 EST 2006

Keith,

FYI,  we need to take a closer look and document the results, but it
looks like IPv6 solves the subnetting and mobility problems as shown in
the C3I interoperability spec notional IPv4 network.  This is because
IPv6 routers between routers using the link-local addressing.  Thus I
can put two routers on different global subnets on the same link-local
network and the routers will route using IPv6.  Only if I use nemo for
IPv4 will this work.  Furthermore, one cannot configure an IPv4 router
to have multiple interfaces in the same or overlapping subnet (at least
for Cisco routers).  The router will not even except the command!
Instead is provides a warning similar to "Hey, you can't do this!)

We have only worked with Ethernet links so far.  I want to try with
serial links also.

Will

William D. Ivancic

Phone 216-433-3494