[Sis-csi] IP Header Compression

Greg Kazz greg.j.kazz at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 1 13:38:47 EDT 2005

Another option is to use the CCSDS Encapsulation Packet, instead of the
CCSDS Space packet, whose header length options are currently defined as:

a) 1 byte header - used as a fill packet only
b) 2 byte header - packets up to 256 bytes in length (probably enough for
Emergency mode type info)
c) 3 byte header - packets up to 65K bytes
d) 5 byte header - jumbo grams

There is a pink sheet out that proposed modifying the header a bit, which
would make the header fall on a 32-bit boundary, so that those numbers
would change to:

c) 4 byte header
d) 8 byte header

Greg