[Sis-csi] More CisLunar scenarios

Scott,Keith L. kscott at mitre.org
Thu Jun 9 09:13:45 EDT 2005

Great Keith,

I think these will do a good job up-front to get people in the right frame
of mind that there are going to be a lot of assets around and moving, and
that trying to manage every link would be a nightmare.

I'm not sure we need to do too much to categorize the data types at this
stage, other than to note that there will probably be a mix of things that
need real-time delivery (e.g. voice, some telemetry) and things that don't.
Our goal with this document is simply to motivate the use of an automated,
layered network architecture for cislunar comms.  There are places in the
'proposed architecture' section to discuss both IP and DTN, but I think the
details of how to deploy (v4 vs. v6, what mobility management approach,
etc.) can and should be left to another document.

Thanks again, and good vacationing!

		--keith