[Sis-csi] More CisLunar scenarios

Keith Hogie Keith.Hogie at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jun 9 00:11:52 EDT 2005

   Here is a bit prettier version of CisLunar scenarios.  These diagrams
are not complete and we probably need more versions showing other
possibilities.

   Any thoughts on what we need to do about identifying and categorizing
the actual types of data (e.g telemetry, file xfer, voice, video) that
will be flowing over these links?

   Are all types of data in IP packets or are there other formats?

   Do we need to look at newer technologies like ad-hoc networking and
mesh networking for handling the dynamic links and IP routing.  Do
we make use of the mobility options of IPv6 for basic routing.  What
other options are there?

   Now that I tossed out a few questions, I'll be on vacation until
6/27 so I'll check back in then and see what's happened.

   Keith Hogie                   e-mail: Keith.Hogie at gsfc.nasa.gov
   Computer Sciences Corp.       office: 301-794-2999  fax: 301-794-9480
   7700 Hubble Dr.
   Lanham-Seabrook, MD 20706  USA        301-286-3203 @ NASA/Goddard