[Sis-ams] better subject-matching?

Edell, David J. David.Edell at jhuapl.edu
Wed Sep 10 18:40:06 EDT 2008

Tim,

Advanced filtering options could have potential usage, and if I remember
correctly are available to some degree in the software bus of Goddard's
cFE.  I don't think its worth the added processing costs to change to a
string-based subject ID to accomplish that though.

At a minimum, there's always the possibility of psuedo-filtering by
specifying ranges of subject-IDs for specific categories, which is
sometimes done on its own to organize ID listings.  This becomes an
implementation choice within a program though, rather than a
specification.

I think the SubjectID, UnitID, RoleID field combination is intended to
give a similar effect in combination with the "all subject" and "all
role" subscription types.  It's been a while since I've looked at these
field definitions though, so I could be wrong.   This might be another
topic for discussion at Berlin.

- David