[Sis-ams] better subject-matching?

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-583.0) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Wed Sep 10 18:15:11 EDT 2008

Hello all,

Does anyone see a (worthwhile) benefit to enhancing our subject-matching
capabilities to allow hierarchical subject-ids and some
pattern-matching?  Subjects would be transmitted as character strings
rather than 2-byte numbers, and subscribers would be able to specify
some sort of regular-expression format.

For example, if there were these subjects:

        Attitude.sun_sensor

        Attitude.momentum_wheel

        Attitude.gyros

Then an application might subscribe to   attitude.*   to receive all
subjects within the 'attitude' domain.

I don't think this enhancement is needed for the typical NASA/Goddard
mission, nor are any missions (that I'm aware of) asking for it.  Still,
it seems like something worth considering.  Does anyone have an opinion?

Tim