[Ccsds-omg-liaison] Re: [Sis-ams] Draft documents

Jon Siegel siegel at omg.org
Mon Apr 4 19:23:42 EDT 2005

Hi Everyone --

Here are two things that will make these OMG documents easier to get to:

(1) Documents labeled "formal" are adopted standards and publicly
available. Go to www.omg.org/specifications and, if you can't spot the
sub-page for your spec right away, click on "here" next to the blinking
square near the top of the page. On the table that comes up, use your
browser's find feature to find the spec you're looking for. I did this to
find "data distribution" and then clicked on "Specialized CORBA
Specifications" in its section heading to go to the categorized page where
the service is the first listing. Click on "1.0" to download the spec.
Sorry it's so indirect, but we have a lot of specs. If you know what you're
looking for (a modelling spec, for example), it's just two clicks. All OMG
specs are downloadable by anyone for free.

(2)If you work for an OMG member company or organization, you can get your
secret decoder ring - whoops, your username and password - by sending an
email to info at omg.org. Our person usually responds to these requests the
same day or the next. All of NASA is a member, so if you're a NASA person
you're all set. (I don't know why the link goes specifically to Goddard.)
ESOC is a member too. Just send an email stating that you work for whatever
member company/organization, and that you'd like an OMG username and
password. Also include info for our member database: Office snail mail
addr, phone, fax, your job title (we've already got your email addr :-).

If you're not a member and you ever want an OMG document for planned or
possible OMG/CCSDS cooperative work, email me directly and I'll send you a
copy. Also, if you have any trouble getting a username/pw or getting yours
to work, or finding anything on our website, email me.

Thanks and see you in Athens --

Jon Siegel, OMG

Dr. Jon Siegel                        email:     siegel at omg.org
Vice President, Technology Transfer   http://www.omg.org
Object Management Group
First Needham Place                   Phone:  +1 781-444-0404
250 First Avenue, Suite 100           Fax:    +1 781-444-0320
Needham, MA 02494  USA
PGP Signature: 6882 D54B 3F3A 13CA  8098 1B02 D6B8 4FBD