[Sis-ams] Draft documents

Adrian J. Hooke adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Apr 4 13:07:04 EDT 2005

At 08:41 AM 4/4/2005, Scott Burleigh wrote:
>>The OMG specification is freely available from www.omg.org in the
>>documents section. Its document ID is: formal/04-12-02.pdf, Data
>>Distribution Service.
>Excellent.  But I believe that section of the web site is available to
>members only, and membership charges range from $500 to $12,000 per year,
>so unfortunately I still can't easily read the document.

If you try to access pre-finalization, OMG-proprietary specifications you
get led to a member search at:

http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/apps/membersearch.pl

If you then search for NASA you get a link to
<http://www.grc.nasa.gov/>NASA at Glenn Research Center and you can
similarly find a link to other places like
the  <http://www.esoc.esa.de>European Space Operation Centre (ESOC) and to
<http://www.ccsds.org>CCSDS.  All, I believe, have institutional
memberships in the OMG. Whether or not anyone at those places has access to
the secret-decoder-ring user name and password is another question. I've
certainly never been given them.

///adrian