[Sea-sa] Feedback Requested: was FW: [EXTERNAL] Review of Draft International Standard ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Jan 12 20:01:51 UTC 2021

Dear SEA-SAWG,

We have been using the ISO 42010 spec as a sort of systems architecture meta-framework for many years.  That spec has evolved over time and there is now a new DRAFT update in review.  I looked at an earlier version and identified some issues that I found troubling. I have not yet looked at this version to see if these have been remedied.

If you have an interest in this topic please review the attached document and use the comments spreadsheet to provide feedback.  I will integrate all inputs and provide the reply to this ISO subcommittee on behalf of the CCSDS SEA WG.

Please provide feedback to me no later than 19 Feb 2021 to allow me to integrate and “clean” the inputs.

Thanks, Peter