[Sea-sa] CCSDS meetings on SAWG and RASDS

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Nov 11 09:03:14 UTC 2014

Dear SAWG,

We are meeting this week in the meeting rooms that have been assigned for the TDE BoF and also in the Secretariat rom when we do not have a room available.  It is a litle awkward, but it is the best we can do on short notice.

Attached are the revised materials from yesterday.  Wallace, Fred Slane, and
Ramon Krosley met with me to discuss this.  There is definitely interest
in moving the work ahead and very good agreement on the scope. It looks
like this may be a joint effort with SC14 as well.  Fred is the US lead
for SC14.

We will meet on Tuesday in the Secretariat room on the first floor.
Tuesday afternoon we will meet in the TDE Rm 514.  And we will meet in
the Secretariat room again on Wednesday and in the TDE Rm 508 on Thursday.

I am also attaching the XSG materials and the XML materials I have
prepared.  I see all of this fitting together and having the following
projects under the SAWG umbrella:

- RASDS refresh, with new viewpoints and SysML/UML (and possibly a RASDS
profile)
- A CCSDS Reference Architecture, as requested by the CMC, showing all
standards and interfaces, based on RASDS
- A core ontology (based on RASDS terms) and a few key domain ontologies
using / extending and expanding those terms, all placed on-line for query
and update
- An XML construction guideline leveraging the terms from the ontology and
developing it's own set of CCSDS core XML schema

Please join us any time you can.  We need to work toward a common understanding
And to start to develop the draft Charter.

Regards, Peter