[MOIMS] CESG/CMC meetings in Darmstadt: MOIMS Highlights

Mario.Merri at esa.int Mario.Merri at esa.int
Thu Nov 19 14:49:55 UTC 2015

Dear MOIMS WG chairs/deputy chairs,

Below a summary of the relevant points from the CESG/CMC meetings in
Darmstadt. The main focus was to identify and possibly resolve issues for
projects with missing resources (e.g. unassigned 2nd prototype) in 2016.
The dates for book and prototypes availability were taken from the CWE =>
it is important that you keep the dates and resources of your projects
updated.

Approved projects
NAV ADM: CNES committed to 1st prototype; no resource needed for 2nd
prototype in 2016 (it is in 2017 in CWE). CMC has an action to look for
resources for 2017
NAV NHM: NASA committed to 1st prototype; no resource needed for 2nd
prototype in 2016 (it is in 2017 in CWE). CMC has an action to look for
resources for 2017
NAV PRM: ESA committed to 1st prototype; no resource needed for 2nd
prototype in 2016 (it is in 2017 in CWE). CMC has an action to look for
resources for 2017
NAV SMM: NASA committed to 1st prototype; CMC has an action to identify
resources (3mm) for 2nd prototype in 2016

SM&C HTTP and XML: ESA committed to 1st prototype; NASA to confirm for 2nd
prototype possibly based on ESOC-JPL MEX shadow project (send info to PS
and EB)
SM&C TCP/IP and Binary: ESA committed to 1st prototype; CNES to confirm
for 2nd prototype
SM&C ZeroMQ and Binary: CNES committed to 1st prototype; ESA committed to
2nd prototype (update CWE)
SM&C Data Product Distribution Service: no resource needed for 2nd
prototype in 2016

TEL BB: No prototype needed in 2016.

Draft Projects
NAV Event Messages: only limited need of resources in 2016 (i.e. normal
work) as only monitoring the work of CSS/SM Event messages.

SM&C C++: NASA has agreed to commit 1mm in 2016. No prototype needed (MB).
Initiate the project to move from draft to approved.

I would also suggest that you are not just content of reading above  "CMC
has an action to look for resources ..." and I would not recommend that
you just sit and wait for these resources. I invite you to be proactive in
your WG and try to involve other agencies in the work. Also, if possible,
try to be creative to identify additional resources (e.g. studies,
trainees, students, ...).

In terms of main decision, I would like to bring to your attention the
following:
The CMC has agreed that priority shall be given to approved projects over
draft projects
The CMC has agreed that future BB draft projects shall be approved by CMC
ONLY if both prototypes have sponsoring agencies.

Regards,

__Mario