[MOIMS] RE : List of Fall 2004 meetings?

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Thu Aug 26 15:45:15 UTC 2004

Dear WG Chairmen,

Please let me know if you have comments / modifications to the spread-sheet

ciao
nestor

----- Forwarded by Nestor Peccia/esoc/ESA on 26/08/2004 17:42 -----
|--------+------------------------->
|        |          Soula Jean-Marc|
|        |          <Jean-Marc.Soul|
|        |          a at cnes.fr>     |
|        |                         |
|        |          26/08/2004     |
|        |          14:17          |
|        |                         |
|--------+------------------------->
  |       To:     "'Adrian J. Hooke'" <adrian.j.hooke at jpl.nasa.gov>,           |
  |       nestor.peccia at esa.int, Peter Shames <peter.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>, Fred|
  |       Brosi <fred.brosi at gst.com>, Patrick.Plancke at esa.int,                 |
  |       Jean-Luc.Gerner at esa.int, "Robert C. Durst" <durst at mitre.org>         |
  |       cc:     Debbie Ronning <debbie.ronning at btas.com>, Moury Gilles       |
  |       <Gilles.Moury at cnes.fr>, Lapaian Gerard <Gerard.Lapaian at cnes.fr>,     |
  |       "'Stephen Harris'" <stephen.harris at btas.com>, Campan Genevieve       |
  |       <Genevieve.Campan at cnes.fr>                                           |
  |       Subject:     RE : List of Fall 2004 meetings?                        |

Dear all,

as a complement to the message below and to give you some better ideas of where
the Nov 15-19 meetings will be held, here are some preliminary inputs :

1 - Location -

The CCSDS meetings in November will be in the Centre des Congres Pierre Baudis,
downtown Toulouse ; for those who could attend, the Space Ops 2000 was there.
For an overview of the conference center, you may visit their web site which
provides for access plans, room description, etc... Address is :
www.centre-congres-toulouse.fr.
I guess most of the information there will be of use for the CCSDS attendants
and should later be placed (or linked) on the CCSDS web site ... when we know
which groups meet on that week in November.
Please, do not contact the conference center at this stage as I need to finalize
arrangements with them .

Notes : meetings which are not on the Nov 15-19 week will not be in this
conference center ; their proposed locations will be indicated once dates and
requirements are known ; CESG meeting on the next week will be in the CNES
Center.

2 - Room reservation -

15 rooms are booked :
Level 0       Caravelle-1 (large room divided in six 20-seats rooms)
Level 0.5    Mermoz ; Latecoere
Level 1       Ariane 1 (*) ; Ariane 2 (*) ; SPOT ; Diamant
Level 3       DeMarmier ; servanty ; Daurat

(*)    Rooms not available on Thursday Nov 18.

Note : A business corner will also be made available (room Argos).

3 - Room occupation -

Based on the information received in the last few weeks on your estimates of
required rooms and participants, I attempted a first draft on room occupation
(attached xcell file).

Criteria for room allocation were : 1) compliance with number of rooms required
every day or half day
                                                2) compliance with the size
capacity required, as per your emails this summer
                                                3) continuity of each room
allocation to the same area over the week

As a result, you may notice that spare rooms exist on every day, except on
Thursday.
Large rooms are part of this spare capacity on the first three days :
re-allocation to groups that happen to be larger than expected is then possible,
if groups do not mind changing floors and meeting rooms ; also joint meetings
between several areas may be organized on those dates when those large rooms are
among spares.

4 - Request -

You may check this draft Room Occupation Plan and inform me of :

a) any discrepancy between your requirements and this proposal that you cannot
accomodate even through detailed scheduling.

b) any suggestion for changes, in particular for the utilisation of the spare
rooms (if not required they may remain spares and be used for opportunity
meetings as required) ; please, coordinate with other AD's for room exchanges,
if any, before you answer to me.

c) your preliminary plans for the utilisation of the rooms allocated to your
area, by the working groups, for plenary (when not yet mentionnned) or for joint
meetings. This will be the answer to the question "where" of your preliminary
agenda. Your answer to this request may be in the form of a returned xcell file
with the proposed "area-WG" in each cell of the column user.

d) your answer to Adrian's email below, that will allow to consolidate the above
and to have a guess on the total number of participants

Thank you for your answers within one week or so.

Best regards

Jean-Marc SOULA
Chargé de Mission Réseaux de Stations
DCT/OP/CM