[Moims-sc] RE: M&C Check service: protection in Compound checks

Sam Cooper Sam.Cooper at scisys.co.uk
Thu Jan 15 11:02:49 UTC 2015

Hi Brigitte, sorry for the delay in responding. Happy new year to you too! J

1)

There is still a CheckLink created for the compound check so the conditional part is in that. I should clarify that.

2)

Ok.

3)

Yes, we need to ensure the full behaviour of the compound check is captured in the actual requirements.

4)

How can the protected status be protected if the check is disabled?

5)

This is why there is the proposal to check the name of the operation. You still need a check link for a compound check as that is where the enabled/disabled flag and the conditional check are. The fact that it may have an associated parameter (for all other check types) is now check type dependent. So we need that functionality its just that the name "addParameterCheck" is now misleading and it should be something like "addCheckInstance" or maybe something less programmer.

6)

Yes, we can change this to work like that. Would also need to change getServiceStatus too.

Best regards,

Sam.