[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] CCSDS TDM P1.5 Proofreading CRM

Berry, David S (US 3920) david.s.berry at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 23 01:07:45 UTC 2020

All:

Perhaps you have seen my request for Mario Merri (MOIMS AD) to perform the required Area Director review of the Tracking Data Message Version 2 and request his resolution for the required CESG/CMC Polling. One of the things that made this possible was your diligent proofreading of the TDM P1.5 document. I have attached the composite CRM of the proofreading comments and my resolutions thereof. Of the 71 comments submitted, 52 were accepted/fixed and 19 were not, 73% acceptance rate. Items are either marked "green" for accepted and "red" for not accepted. I didn't color any "yellow" for further discussion since this review was focused on proofreading and there were no topics still up for discussion from a technical standpoint. There are a few of a more technical nature that we should discuss in the context of TDM V3 (so marked in the CRM document); since we did not discuss these as part of this multi-year journey, I did not feel comfortable changing some of the technical suggestions at this late date.

Also, I took the opportunity to proofread the entire document, but my edits are not listed in the CRM (a while back in response to question from some of our book editors we added a WG Guideline that states "NOTE: Lead Editors do not need to fill out a CRM for a document they are editing"). I will note that you sharp-eyed proofreaders found plenty of things that escaped my eye (proving the value of the proofreading exercise), so thank you all very much!

I hope you can live with the decisions.

P.S.: I hope you are all healthy and safe in the crazed world we now inhabit...