[MOIMS-NAV-EXEC] Re: CCSDS Nav WG Document Guidelines

Joseph Hashmall joseph.hashmall at ai-solutions.com
Sun Jul 26 17:13:40 UTC 2015

David,

Thanks for producing this excellent document.  I think it captures your intent very well.
I do have a couple of comments that don't fit into a "changes tracked" type of communication.

Item 04:  One of the main justifications for simplicity is the fact that the documents are in English and many users may have a less than perfect command of English.  As such, the sentence structure, vocabulary, etc. should be kept as simple as possible without sacrificing clarity and precision.  Is it worth while saying this in addition (or as an expansion of) just suggesting simplicity?

Item 11:  I've found it helpful to combine CRMs from different people.  I concatenate them, then sort by relevant section, paragraph, etc.  Sometimes the CRMs have differences in format such as different column widths or even columns removed.  This, because of MS Excel  peculiarities causes difficulties in combining and sorting the different tables.  Would it be worthwhile having a standard, blank CRM, that could be used by everyone?

Other than these two items, you document seems to me to be complete and useful.

Joe