[Moims-mp] FW: Questions regarding CCSDS MPS test specifications

Guillermo Buenadicha Guillermo.Buenadicha at esa.int
Mon Jan 16 13:09:54 UTC 2023

FYI

From: Guillermo Buenadicha <Guillermo.Buenadicha at esa.int>
Date: Monday, 16 January 2023 at 11:23
To: "marvin.wittschen at dlr.de" <marvin.wittschen at dlr.de>
Cc: "Maria.Woerle at dlr.de" <Maria.Woerle at dlr.de>, "Christoph.Lenzen at dlr.de" <Christoph.Lenzen at dlr.de>
Subject: Re: Questions regarding CCSDS MPS test specifications

Dear Marvin:

First, really sorry for the very late reply, I have been out for a long XMAS leave and catching up with issues now…

In Green my answers:

I have some further questions regarding only the test specification:

T_PDS_001: The pass / fail criteria expects P3 and P4 to be returned. In the plan sheet, only P2 and P3 are submitted. I suspect that these two should be the expected result?

The submitted elements are plan filters. The PF1 filters for plans of type "Submitted", the PF2 filters for "CCSDS-MPS" as originator, the PF3 for a validity period time.

T_PDS_005: The updatePlanStatus method is also invoked with an invalid plan (P0). The method with an invalid plan is already tested in T_PES_001. Should the call result in any PDS monitor behavior or is the test with P0 not needed?

Indeed, this is tested twice. Not sure to understand the question, the PDS should return an INVALID as per the Blue Blook. I guess we may leave both requests in T_PDS_005 and T_PES_001 for completion.

T_PES_001: Because P5 is terminated, there are no further state changes allowed as the terminated state is effectively final. The plan status therefore cannot be updated to release or any other status, can it?

This is a very good question. I was assuming that transition from "Terminated" to other statuses was possible. If not, indeed, the first action to call to a terminated plan may need to be shifted, and all this tested with a plan in a different status.

T_PES_002, T_PES_003: The insertActivity and insertEvent only return the ObjectRef of the created element but not the actual instance. The pass/fail criteria can therefore only be tested later in  T_PES_004, can’t they?

Indeed. Will modify.

T_PECS_015, T_PECS_017: The activatePlan method with P0 is already tested in T_PECS_004 so I think the other tests are redundant with P0 as it will always be invalid. Or do I misunderstand the tests’ purposes here?

No, I just simply add the P0 everytime for completeness. Will remove them.

Let’s discuss the T_PES_001 question this afternoon.

[...]

Thank you very much!
Cheers

Marvin

This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain proprietary information and/or protected content. Any unauthorised disclosure, use, retention or dissemination is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. ESA applies appropriate organisational measures to protect personal data, in case of data privacy queries, please contact the ESA Data Protection Officer (dpo at esa.int).