[Moims-mp] Review of CSSM Abstract Event Definition

Roger Thompson roger.rocketbrain at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 28 20:18:40 UTC 2018

Hi Mehran and all,

I had an action to review the draft CSSM Abstract Event Definition standard
(which NAV is re-using in the context of the Navigation Event Message) to
assess its suitability for use within our MPS Information Model.

I attach a short technote summarising my comments and findings.

To summarise: no use for modelling MPS Planning Events.  Serious problem
with CSSM Abstract Events as basis of NEM as it does not enforce uniqueness
of IDs for the same Event occurrence across multiple regenerations of the
same Planning Information (file).  I think we need to raise this latter
issue prior to adoption of the CSSM standard.

We can discuss in next week's telecon if you wish.

Best regards,

Roger