[Moims-ipr] I am worried because IPR / DAI are in danger to be killed

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Thu May 3 03:23:10 EDT 2007

Don and Lou,

OK. I believe the work of DAI / IPR should be more visible outside the WGs
and MOIMS.

There will be an intermediate MC meeting on 25th / 26th June at Brussels. I
would like to receive prior to that meeting some conclusions about NASA
position (GSFC, JPL and Mike Kearney) wrt DAI / IPR future.
ciao
nestor

             Don Sawyer
             <Donald.M.Sawyer at n
             asa.gov>                                                     To
             Sent by:                   "MOIMS-Information Packaging &amp;
             moims-ipr-bounces@         Registries"
             mailman.ccsds.org          <moims-ipr at mailman.ccsds.org>
                                                                          cc

             02/05/2007 19:09                                        Subject
                                        Re: [Moims-ipr] I am worried because
                                        IPR / DAI are in danger to be
             Please respond to          killed
             "MOIMS-Information
              Packaging &amp;
                Registries"
             <moims-ipr at mailman
                .ccsds.org>

Nestor,

Actually, in DAI there has been a lot of work but it has not been
visible on the DAI list.  We need to correct this.  One factor is
that Daniele was on vacation for several weeks during which time NASA
was taking the lead and generated a lot of material.  Now that
Daniele is back she is taking the lead.  We'll get the latest
material out on the DAI list.

I'll let Lou respond for IPR.

There should be no issue with regard to killing DAI or IPR due to
lack of NASA participation.  NASA has funding that was not
appreciated by the NASA CMC representative and thus i believe it lead
to your concern.

That said, there is always the possibility for new chair persons.

cheers-
don