[Moims-dai] R: [EXTERNAL] Ris: CCSDS DAI Discussions on Architecture
Roberta.Svanetti at dedagroup.it
Wed Nov 20 17:07:21 UTC 2019
Hi Steve, Hi all,
thank you for your summary. Yesterday I was traveling and I had problems from my mobile accessing Skype call too.
I am glad to contribute working on action 1) and reviewing the document you sent yesterday with the microservices and identifying missing services/functionalities.
Area Digital Knowledge Life - Operations Manager
T 02 57775690 | M 335 7294121 | VoIP 905690
Dedagroup Spa - Sede di Cassina de Pecchi (MI), c/o Cassina Plaza - Edificio F2 Via Roma, 108
[cid:image002.png at 01D59FCD.597BB810]
Da: MOIMS-DAI <moims-dai-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org> Per conto di Hughes, John S (US 398B) via MOIMS-DAI
Inviato: mercoledì 20 novembre 2019 15:49
A: MOIMS-Data Archive Interoperability <moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org>
Cc: Hughes, John S (US 398B) <john.s.hughes at jpl.nasa.gov>
Oggetto: Re: [Moims-dai] [EXTERNAL] Ris: CCSDS DAI Discussions on Architecture
We missed you, we had some trouble starting Skype so that might have been the trouble.
We briefly reviewed the micro services spreadsheet. Here are some brief notes.
1. An action item was assigned to the team to review the micro services and identify services/functionalities that we might have missed but that are that are needed at the Interoperability Framework level.
2. The concepts of UUIDs, directory structures, PREMIS, METs are implementation specific. They should be replaced with more general OAIS terms in the Interoperability Framework.
3. There was a consensus that the PAIS MOT is just one approach for creating SIPs in the producer interface. There are others, for example the PDS uses PDS4 AIP schemas to create SIP templates. Again specific implementations should not be part of the OAIS-IF.
4. There was a question about whether the OAIS Reference Model addresses the archive of digital objects that are not file based, for example streaming data. In general the consensus was the OAIS is file based. However the producer interface could transform these objects into files for ingest. A suggestion was made to clarify this in the OAIS-IF document.
From: MOIMS-DAI <moims-dai-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:moims-dai-bounces at mailman.ccsds.org>> On Behalf Of Roberta Svanetti
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2019 7:33 AM
To: MOIMS-Data Archive Interoperability <moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:moims-dai at mailman.ccsds.org>>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Moims-dai] Ris: CCSDS DAI Discussions on Architecture
I am out of office for job reasons today. I tried to Connect to Skype from my mobile but It does not work.
I apologize with all the team members.
dal mio dispositivo Huawei
-------- Messaggio originale --------
Oggetto: [Moims-dai] CCSDS DAI Discussions on Architecture
Da: "Hughes, John S (US 398B) via MOIMS-DAI"
A: MOIMS-Data Archive Interoperability
CC: "Hughes, John S (US 398B)"
Attached please find a spreadsheet containing a set of micro-services captured from the Archivematica website. Archivematica is an open-source application with all code released under a GNU Affero General Public License (A-GPL 3.0). Many thanks to Roberta Svanetti for bringing this comprehensive set of micro-services to our attention at the Darmstadt CCSDS MOIMS DAI meeting.
* Microservices are a software development technique -a variant of the service-oriented architecture (SOA) structural style- that arranges an application as a collection of loosely coupled services. In a microservices architecture, services are fine-grained and the protocols are lightweight. / Wikipedia
The proposal is to review these micro-services and compare them to the OAIS-IF services that we have been considering. The columns "Derived Micro-service" and "Derived Description" contain modifications to the original text, often using OAIS terms.
Archivematica website: https://www.archivematica.org/en/<https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.archivematica.org%2Fen%2F&data=02%7C01%7CRoberta.Svanetti%40dedagroup.it%7C736d0223adb042963d7208d76dc8cd19%7Cbbf156d433fa4fee86f62cfcb1359ef0%7C1%7C0%7C637098581514340033&sdata=XWaHFINTC1UKG6%2BAVh9YyeDPnze7fCAm0T4XTuHOWw8%3D&reserved=0>
Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate e confidenziali e ne e' vietata la diffusione in qualsiasi modo o forma. Qualora Lei non fosse la persona destinataria del presente messaggio, La invitiamo a non diffonderlo e ad eliminarlo, dandone gentilmente comunicazione al mittente.
The information included in this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the correct recipient, you are kindly requested to notify the sender immediately, to cancel it and not to disclose the contents to any other person.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 68469 bytes
More information about the MOIMS-DAI