[Moims-dai] [EXTERNAL] Ris: CCSDS DAI Discussions on Architecture

Hughes, John S (US 398B) john.s.hughes at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 20 14:49:01 UTC 2019

Hi Roberta,

We missed you, we had some trouble starting Skype so that might have been the trouble.

We briefly reviewed the micro services spreadsheet. Here are some brief notes.

1)      An action item was assigned to the team to review the micro services and identify services/functionalities that we might have missed but that are that are needed at the Interoperability Framework level.

2)      The concepts of UUIDs, directory structures, PREMIS, METs are implementation specific. They should be replaced with more general OAIS terms in the Interoperability Framework.

3)      There was a consensus that the PAIS MOT is just one approach for creating SIPs in the producer interface. There are others, for example the PDS uses PDS4 AIP schemas to create SIP templates. Again specific implementations should not be part of the OAIS-IF.

4)      There was a question about whether the OAIS Reference Model addresses the archive of digital objects that are not file based, for example streaming data. In general the consensus was the OAIS is file based. However the producer interface could transform these objects into files for ingest. A suggestion was made to clarify this in the OAIS-IF document.

Thanks,
Steve